- Published in: City Limits
Residents of a city-run senior citizen’s housing complex in Crown Heights are fed up with inadequate security after two home invasion robberies this year and three similar incidents in the summer.
Tenants living in the William Reid Apartments, a single large apartment building at 728 East New York Ave., are calling for the New York City Housing Authority and the 71st Precinct to provide additional protection.
“We are very, very vulnerable,” says Hyacinth Forrester, 79, president of the tenant’s council for the past 20 years. “I don’t feel safe, not with what’s happening right now.”
- E-Gadgets Spark Youth Crime Spike
- Going Bagless in Brooklyn
- Bearing Scars, Baghdad to Brooklyn
- Tree Throes in Brooklyn
- Online Brooklyn Time Machine Debuts