In New York, block letters on façades of buildings are often all that remains of the original occupants. The employees of Hartley House still proudly claim the masthead above the doors of their Hell’s Kitchen brownstone as their own. The non-profit organization, which offers the community afterschool programs, GED classes, and other recreational services, is located in the building in which it was founded a century ago. Hartley House recently got a helping hand from some neighbors.
- Help and Hope for the Jobless
- Bronx Gym Takes Center Ring
- Red Hook Justice Center Faces Red Ink
- Hungry Get Haircuts, TLC at Pantry
- Hoover Gave ‘em Hell Over Truman