Mayor Bloomberg and Gov. Paterson want to ban food stamp users from purchasing sodas and sugary drinks on the government’s tab. If the plan is approved by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which oversees the national Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, it would mark the first time an item is barred for a lack of nutritional value. Here’s a look at what food stamp recipients currently can – and can’t – buy under the program.
- Kids – and Moms – Write to Santa
- Hungry Flock To Turkey Giveaway
- Some Food Pantries Close for E-Day
- Hungry Rider Pedals For Food
- Food Pantries Face Shortages