- Published in: New York Daily News
When members of St. Mary and St. Antonio’s Coptic Orthodox Church in Ridgewood gathered for New Year’s Eve, it wasn’t a festive occasion.
Instead, they mourned 21 Coptic Christians killed and nearly 100 others injured by a suicide bomber outside a church in Alexandria, Egypt, just hours before.
“It sheds a dark cloud over a season that’s supposed to be so joyous,” said the Rev. Michael Sorial of the Queens church.
- Stories Fill City’s Oldest Houses
- 'All-City' Student Band Plays On
- Capping Off A Big Yankee Season
- A Dream Delayed for Latino Laborers
- Church Photog Sees The Light