- Published in: New York Daily News
He’s the rugelach king of Harlem.
Alvin Lee Smalls‘ obsession with the buttery nuggets began more than four decades ago when he stumbled onto a recipe in a newspaper and launched his quest to create his own version of the traditional Jewish treat.
“I didn’t really like it,” said Smalls, 69, recalling the results of the newspaper recipe. “So I [practiced] … for about six months and I ended up making it right.”
- Food Truck Sells Sweet Street Treats
- Reasons to Stay Sweet on Chocolate
- Sun Rising on Careers in Solar Energy
- Bakery Rises for Greek Easter Rush
- Cookie Lady Sweet on Obama