The West Side Campaign Against Hunger food pantry uses a customer-cooperative model under which clients volunteer to help run the supermarket-style operation. The organization also offers cooking classes, nutrition workshops and exercise classes.
An estimated 1 million New Yorkers are among the one in six Americans who don’t have enough to eat, according to the United States Department of Agriculture.
- Bronx Hungry Use Manhattan Pantries
- Less Help For the Hungry in Chelsea
- Hungry Get Haircuts, TLC at Pantry
- Hungry Flock To Turkey Giveaway
- Sanitation Samaritan Helps Hungry