- Published in: New York Daily News
Silver- and gold-plated tubas, vintage and new saxophones and an Indian sitar fill the window of a Greenpoint storefront as a John Coltrane recording blares from the speakers over the front door.
Inside the Bedford Ave. store, owner Eric Downs lights incense before opening his door to customers. He’s very tired from working through the night repairing instruments – but is happy to be celebrating the first anniversary of what he bills as Brooklyn’s only woodwind and brass shop at a time when many small businesses are struggling.
- Cigar Shop Rolls With The Times
- Parking Hikes Raise Mom & Pop Shop Ire
- Free Drinks, Bar None
- Eclectic Pop-Rock at the Piano Shop
- Composer Creates a New Beat