- Published in: The Queens Courier
The difference between “noisy” and “nosey” offered a learning opportunity for the students gathered one recent Saturday at the Sunnyside branch of the Queens Library.
“This group is noisy,” said instructor Lorna Blancaflor, who smiled as she gestured to a few talkative women sitting in the corner of the library’s meeting room.
Pointing to her nose as she pronounced “nosey,” Blancaflor defined the word for the class.
“So, are your neighbors nosey or noisy?” she asked.
- Celebrating Godesses of Motherhood
- Young Immigrants Dare to Dream
- Librarian Overdue For New Library
- Immigrants Eye a Return Home
- Immigrants Have Stake, But No Vote