- Published in: Bensonhurst Bean
When John Sandano learned in September that the owners of Maple Lanes were in contract to sell the property the bowling alley sits on to a developer, he mourned the loss of his “home away from home,” where he’s been a regular bowler for more than 25 years.
“A lot of people are going to miss this place,” said Sandano, 67, of Bensonhurst.
But in his loss, others in the community may find new homes of their own. Plans to replace Maple Lanes with a 112-unit residential development is likely to advance to the next frame.
- Anchored by Hope to Breezy Point
- Sandy: Clean-up Time
- He's The Big Daddy Of Pop Culture
- Last of the ‘Vollies’ Fight Time, Fires
- Clowning Around For Bike Lanes