- Published in: Mott Haven Herald
While Hurricane Sandy left the South Bronx waterfront relatively intact, some environmentalists worry that the industrial and brownfield sites along the water could flood in the future and contaminate the neighborhood.
“Whenever there is a risk of flooding, then you have issues with what gets up out of the soil and spreads around the community,” said Gavin Kearney of New York Lawyers for the Public Interest.
- The State of Flood Insurance
- A ‘Love Motel’ For Bronx Bugs
- A Flood of Ideas, Post-Sandy
- A Bronx Stop on the Farm Food Chain
- Farmers Market Gets Bronx Boost