- Published in: The Local
Dara Sicherman was never an activist. Until recently, her days were fully occupied taking care of her kids, dog, cat, house and husband. But after the school shooting on Dec.14, 2012 in Newtown, Conn. that left 20 children dead and a nation grieving, she knew she had to do something.
“I was walking around the area around my kids’ school, running errands and got a CNN update,” she said. “It stopped me dead in my tracks and I just started crying there.”
- Cadets Lead March to College
- E-Gadgets Spark Youth Crime Spike
- Crew Helps Girls Row to College
- School v. View in Bklyn Bridge Fight
- Kids – and Moms – Write to Santa