- Published in: City Atlas
Some surfers are carrying more than their boards to the Rockaways – they’re bringing solar power to help strengthen the storm-battered peninsula against the sea.
“The first line of defense for the city is Rockaway Beach,” said Walter Meyer of Power Rockaways Resilience, a nonprofit group that formed after Sandy to install solar panels for free in the Queens community.
- Islamic Group Aids Relief Effort
- Big Roll for Bikes in Sandy Relief
- A Flood of Ideas, Post-Sandy
- A New Wave of Gowanus Fears
- Sun Rising on Careers in Solar Energy